Monday, July 5, 2010

Ready? Set? Go!!

When was the last time you played?

Maybe over the holiday?  Did you play games with the kids or grands....chase the ball with the dog....or have a tickle fight with someone you love? 

I think play is at the core of creativity, and when we play we release all those little "thingys" in our brain that give us inspiration and awesome ideas.  Have you noticed? 

I'm needing a little play in my life right now, so I thought it would be fun to see what kind of playful things I can find in the design world that make me smile and help me to channel my inner child.

Paisley is fun!
French Bull

Anthropologie

Primavera by Clarence House


Using fabrics in fun ways always inspires me.

The Chair company


House Beautiful


Interiors Magazine

Then there's the category...."What?????"

Pamplemousse designs
Sheep?  really???

Magic Brush blog

Ride 'em cowgirl!

Nancy Serafini, Interior Designer

Wonder what this does to the appetite?

Kips Bay show house

Don't we all need a bear rug and a disco ball?


Momento Italia

You want these, don't you??  Me too!!

Are you smiling yet?  If you're still a little grumpy, I'll get you on this one.....



Make it a play day, friends!  Go forth and create!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, play is the energy behind much creativity! With the kids home from school there is a lot of play going on here...
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the mountain of gray rock like cushions...imagine having friends over for movies.

    You have me smiling all day...thanks for reminding us to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, You can always make me smile. I love the pillows with the chair backs, those were really cool. You have a great sense of humor my friend,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the multicolored chair, the pillows, and that sofa is to die! Fabulous post, Sally, one of my favorites! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw those sheep - I thought ..come on??? But they are so growing on me.. soft and cudly little sheep.

    definitely fun..

    Vie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just a GREAT post and yes, so fun! For the serious inspiration that I would do in a heartbeat are the chairs and chair back pillows featured in House Beautiful. The pink cowboy boots really had me going, with a good chuckle starting with the sheep :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to adopt that fushia, plum and coral armchair.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs are all about the dialogue. I'd love to hear your thoughts!